Sunday 25 July 2010

From the garden with love


What a gorgeous picture Shabby Tea Room have chosen for inspiration for their card challenge 'From the garden'. For me it conjured up an image of the gingham and broderie anglais dresses seen in some 1950's Hollywood musicals.

I have been cardmaking for oooh about a week now (in total)! Hence my effort is a bit amateurish. I don't have any flashy equipment and all the bits are handmade as you can probably tell, lol.

The white frill is made from the broderie anglais sleeves of an old top I don't fit into any more. The straw is nicked from an art project one of my sons brought home from school several years ago (they are age 19 and 21 now!). The paper daisies are made using a flower punch and printer paper with middle coloured in yellow felt-tip pen (also nicked from son). The little red roses at the bottom are made from ribbon using a colonnial knot method learned from tinternet. The lettering and heart border are also felt-tip and the watering can I drew myself and cut out complete with wobbly lines!

Here's my effort ....my first ever...

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your first ever card! You have done a wonderful job on this! I loved your comments about where each item came from. You have done some very crafty and clever recycling here and your final project is adorable. I really love the layered trim and straw on the side, and your hand-writing is fabulous. Totally thought that was printed. Hope you keep up card making and come play again with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} that gingham ribbon!!! Thanks for sharing your pretty design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's awesome! I can't believe that this is your first card - I love that you recycled so many items to make this your own - wonderful job! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and cheerfull pretty card Anj.
    A brilliant job on your first card. I really like your use of the ribbon and string together. A great idea and perfect to go with a gardening theme.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete