Sunday 22 January 2012

Peachy!

This weeks "Gorgeous Gateaux" challenge from The Shabby Tea Room girls was indeed a challenging challenge with the requirement to use the colour combo of peach, lilac, pink and grey. Also to be used are lace and metal.

Here is my effort.




Believe it or not the torn paper piece with the words stamped on are washed in a very pale lilac acrylic paint - camera hsn't picked it up properly. I stamped it with grey, peach and pink ink with the words 'love' and 'divine'.

I embossed the cake shape with a cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder (and an, ahem, rolling pin).

I so loved the large peach flower in the inspiration photo I decided to make one myself. Didn't turn out too bad. I made it by painting tracing paper (for the right texture) with a wash of pale peach acrylic paint then using a flower punch to make some flower shapes which I then snipped a bit to make the petals a bit more spiky.

There is pink lace and for my metal embellishment I made a hat pin with lilac, pink and pearl beads on it and I twirled the wire stem of the pink rose.



The orange (variation on peach!) polka dot paper is from Making Memories Chloe's Closet.

All in all not quite gorgeous but it does have a cake on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment