Sunday 5 February 2012

A love letter to my heart

What could be more romantic than a bundle of old postcards tied up with string, a frilly heart and a rose. Well, that's my entry for the 'love is in the air' challenge from the Shabby Tea Room. I have used pink, red & a little white, although mainly 'white' aged with distress ink. And a little light brown/sand colour for some of the lettered stamping.

And since I won't be getting any Valentine's cards (ahhhh!) this card is to me!
The writing stamped on the heart is made using a stamp from Prima Marketing Inc. Romantically, it has both New York and Paris on it ..though I had to stamp quite carefully to get them in the right place. May be I will go there one day.


The background paper was also made with a Prima stamp and the Post Cards were made with watercolour paper, Tim Holtz distress inks and a post card stamp from 'Clear Choice' stamps.

The gorgeous rose image is from some wrapping paper I have but will mostly never use because it is too lovely! I stuck it to some layers of card, edged it with gold, put a thin layer of glue over the top to give it a sort of lacquered/enamel finish & sprinkled it with glitter.

I might buy myself some real roses & chocolates to go with my card

Love, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment