Sunday 4 March 2012

Mother's Time

As mentioned in this post here I have been a bit stuck for time and once again am on the last minute keeping up with challenges and comments.

I did manage to create this card though for the Shabby Tea Room's 'Shabby Shutters' challenge which provided us with a shabby but sophisticated photo (above) with a Parisienne theme with the requirement to use navy blue, neutrals and a distressed element.

I was fortunate enough to come across some actual resin shabby shutters by the fabulous Prima Marketing in the local craft store.

I made a blue rose & glittered it up. I also finally(!) managed to find some satin seam-binding which I dyed and scrunched. I have only come across one store in the whole of our city which sells satin seam-binding! And I stamped a tag with a Paris/postage stamp.

I added a nice frilly doilie and topped with the shabby shutters. I made a teensy weensy blue rose and added a glittered heart-shape with the word 'Mother' attached as it will soon be Mother's Day.


Since it is not Mothering Sunday til 18th March ...I am now ahead of time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely, your shutters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shutters and I love the polka dots!!Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card this week at The shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete