Sunday 12 February 2012

Sweets for my sweet....

Sweets (or candy) ...one of life's essential food groups!

..and no Valentines Day should be without it.

Here is my card for the Shabby Tea Room 'Candy Hearts' challenge



I've been experimenting a bit lately with making my own background papers ...largely because so many of the papers I buy are just too yummy to cut into... and with a high turnover of products in the shops once you've used your favourite gorgeous paper ...its gone :(

So I made a pink gingham pattern on some card for the background and used some Tim Holtz distress ink to make it a bit vintage ...and indeed a little bit retro to go with my 'Love Hearts' themed card... these Love Hearts (remember these?).
Wouldn't try eating these ones though...


The heart stamp set is from We R Memory Keepers and the all the lettering is made using a cute set of alphabet stamps - tiny little stamps mounted on wood... it was quite difficult getting them to line up though! I nearly used the &?.! it comes with! But they are the sweetest little sets and come in a few different fonts. There doesn't seem to be a link to the product on the suppliers site but here is what a google search finds.

I hope everyone gets some love & sweets, chocolate and/or food of one's hearts contentment this Valentine's Day. No sweet heart in your life? ...treat yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment