Sunday 12 February 2012

When life gives you lemons....

..or rather lemon cakes (which myself and autistic son made)

..make a lemon cake box!


I made it using Judy Hayes' template from the July/August 2011 issue of Papercrafts magazine. The template can be downloaded here. Such a simple design but very effective and cute (when made with cute/gorgeous paper)
I simply printed off the template, drew round it onto my paper & cut it out with scissors!

I used some yellow card/paper that was just lying around the house, lined it with some nice crepe paper, punched a frilly heart, stamped it up and put a cake in it with the intention of saving it for my other son. Sadly, we had to eat it as he wasn't due to visit. ;)

Thanks, Judy for making the template available. I think I shall be using it alot!

I have also decided to share this project (though not the cakes, they're all gone ;p) for the Shabby Tea Room 'candy hearts' challenge ...we have hearts, punched & stamped ..and the food theme... well it was there til we ate them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment